We accept applications throughout the year, but it is very advantageous to have applications in well before the deadline dates:
You will upload all required documents to your applilcation. Here are all the details:
- Online application for admission. Please make sure that you fill out your name correctly. If you get an admission to McMaster University, we will register you under the name that appears on your application form. Your name should be consistent with your passport, birth certificate, social insurance number etc. unless your personal situation changes
- Two confidential letters of recommendation from instructors most familiar with your academic work. Please note that McMaster University uses the Electronic Referencing System. By entering the email address of your referee through the online application, the system will automatically send an e-Reference request on your behalf. If for some reason you are unable to use the Electronic Referencing System, you can download the reference form here (PDF).
- Transcripts Upload your transcript(s)to the application system. If you are presented with an offer, it will be conditional that you provide us with the original copies at a later date. If the final transcript does not show that a completed degree has been conferred, an official/notarized copy of your diploma is also required.
- Statement of interest. A one page summary describing the area of Chemical Engineering that you wish to study. Many students also include a brief summary of relevant employment experience. This statement helps faculty members identify prospective graduate students for their program.
- TOEFL score (if English is not your native language). An official copy of your TOEFL score, or other evidence of competency in English. Please read the frequently asked questions to see the minimum requirements.
- If you are not paying the application fee by credit card during the online application, then a cheque drawn on a Canadian bank or a World Money Order in the amount of $115.00 Canadian (to cover the application fee of $100.00 and a processing fee of $15.00). Please make the cheque or world money order payable to "McMaster University".
- All required documents should be uploaded to your application prior to submission. If you have official documents you would like to send us, please send them to:
Department of Chemical Engineering, JHE 374
1280 Main Street West
Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4L7
Applications should be sent as early as possible, as acceptance is on a competitive basis. Please read the frequently asked questions to learn about the deadlines for application. Please note, applications that are not complete within an eight week period after the application form has been submitted to the Department, will be closed.
To be accepted for study, the applicant must satisfy the Graduate Admissions Committee of the Department and the University and must also be accepted for supervision by a member of the Department. In submitting an application, the applicant should carefully choose an area of research from those described on this website. Normally individual departmental members will be asked to consider an applicant for work in their laboratories on the basis of the applicant's chosen area of study.
Further inquiries and completed application forms should be directed to, "The Graduate Assistant", firstname.lastname@example.org