Driving directions and map
Office: JHE A408
Voice: +1 (905) 525 9140 extension 27415 email: email@example.com
- D.Phil.Chemical Engineering, University of Oxford (1999)
Design and development of novel membrane chromatography devices, development of novel membranes and processes for biopharmaceutical applications.
Bioseparations process development
Development of efficient, scalable, high-resolution purification processes bio-pharmaceuticals such as monoclonal antibodies and PEGylated proteins.
Development of novel bioreactor system for diverse applications such as enzymatic catalysis, protein PEGylation and mammalian cell culture.
Biopharmaceutical product stabilization and assessment
Development of efficient method for detecting and analyzing antibody aggregates and stabilizing therapeutic proteins.
Selected Recent Papers
- P. Madadkar, R. Ghosh, High-resolution protein separation using a laterally-fed membrane chromatography device, Journal of Membrane Science, 499 (2016) 126-133.
- P. Madadkar, Q. Wu, R. Ghosh, A laterally-fed membrane chromatography module, Journal of Membrane Science, 487 (2015) 173-179.
- R. Ghosh, R. Sadavarte, A technique for drying and storing a protein as a soluble composite thin film on the surface of an ultrafiltration membrane, Journal of Membrane Science, 490 (2015) 256-265.
- Q. Wu, R. Wang, X. Chen, R. Ghosh, Temperature-responsive membrane for hydrophobic interaction based chromatographic separation of proteins in bind-and-elute mode, Journal of Membrane Science, 471 (2014) 56-64.
- R. Sadavarte, R. Ghosh, A thermal‐cycling method for disaggregating monoclonal antibody oligomers, Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences 103 (2014) 870-878
- R. Sadavarte, M. Spearman, N. Okun, M. Butler, R. Ghosh, Purification of chimeric heavy chain monoclonal antibody EG2‐hFc using hydrophobic interaction membrane chromatography: An alternative to protein‐A affinity chromatography, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 111 (2014) 1139-1149.
- S. Yoo, R. Ghosh, Simultaneous removal of leached protein-A and aggregates from monoclonal antibody using hydrophobic interaction membrane chromatography, Journal of Membrane Science, 390-391 (2012) 263-269.
- X. Shang, R. Ghosh, Membrane reactor for continuous and selective protein mono-PEGylation, Journal of Membrane Science 451 (2014) 177-184.
- D.Q. Yu, R. Ghosh, Method for immunoglobulin G binding on hydrophobic surfaces, Langmuir, 26 (2010) 924-929.
- R. Huang, K.Z. Mah, M. Malta, L.K. Kostanski, C.D.M. Filipe, R. Ghosh, Chromatographic separation of proteins using hydrophobic membrane shielded with an environment-responsive hydrogel, Journal of Membrane Science, 345 (2009) 177-182.
- D.Q. Yu, R. Ghosh, Integrated fragmentation of IgG and purification of Fab using a reactant adsorptive membrane bioreactor separator system, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 104 (2009) 152-161.
- D. Yu, X. Chen, R. Pelton, R. Ghosh, Paper-PEG-based membranes for hydrophobic interaction chromatography: Purification of monoclonal antibody, Biotechnology and Bioengineering, 99 (2008) 1434-1442.
- D.Q. Yu, M.D. McLean, J.C Hall, R. Ghosh, Purification of a human immunoglobulin G1 monoclonal antibody from transgenic tobacco using membrane chromatographic processes, Journal of Chromatography A, 1187 (2008) 128-137.
- L. Wang, G. Hale, R. Ghosh, Non size-based membrane chromatographic separation and analysis of monoclonal antibody aggregates, Analytical Chemistry 78 (2006) 6863-6867.
- R. Ghosh, T. Wong, Effect of module design on the efficiency of membrane chromatographic separation processes, Journal of Membrane Science, 281 (2006) 532-540.
R.Ghosh, Protein Bioseparation Using Ultrafiltration: Theory, Applications and New Developments, Imperial College Press/World Scientific Publishing Pte Ltd. ISBN 1-86094-317-9 (June 2003)
R. Ghosh, Principles of Bioseparations Engineering, World Scientific Publishing Pte Ltd. ISBN 981-256-892-1 (October 2006).